Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Old Friend.....

I was out of my usual shopping territory today. Why? Because I drive all over America and shop where and when the desire happens to hit me. Okay... Well, to my surprise I hear my name being called. I turn around and I see an old friend of mine. You know how people come and go in our lives and not that any bad blood is between you, for some strange reason you lose touch. For us, I think it was when we moved churches. Anyway, we used to be pretty close back when. She underwent the bypass surgery and has had great success with it. (I don't know about the inside but she looks GREAT on the outside) Anyway, every time I happen to run into her, I end up feeling down. Like, that could be me. Why didn't I do it back then? For some strange reason it had a profound affect on me today. When I got to the car I called dh and told him how I felt. Being the great hubster that he is, he said, "you never know. You could have been the one that had all the horrible side effects, or died from it." His words did make me feel a bit better.
Ahhh, as the saying goes. Two steps forward, one step back.....

No comments: