Monday, March 10, 2008

Affects of the Weather

Have you ever noticed how the weather affects people's behavior. Wet weather, tends to make people grumpy. Snow, seems to make people happy, bringing forth memories of their childhood.
This past week, we have had some WACKY weather here in North Texas. On Friday, we got SNOW! Today, I learned the expected high for Thursday is in the low 80's and for Friday in the high 80's!! I think this has turned my workout routine upside. I know on Saturday morning, when I spoke to my workout partner, we decided to ditch our swimming class. It was 26 degrees outside and the thought of jumping around in a suppose to be heated pool, was not pleasant. She convinced me that since the pool is surrounded by windows and it is so cold outside there was no way the pool would actually be warm. Gotta love it! I gave in. Can someone shout, "Co-dependency!" LOL I was getting dressed this morning and felt like wearing some "bling." My engagement ring had started to fit again. Notice I said, HAD. Yep, didn't fit this morning. Arrr! So, I need to be out of excuses, out of weather issues and so forth. I am planning an Easter party at our house. Maybe I'll set a weight loss goal for a few pounds by then? Let me think about it.........

1 comment:

MaBunny said...

Hey there Hot Chica:))

I admit I was surprised to hear( read) that you had a blog. On the other hand I am very happy for you. We can bond together in our weight loss efforts and share healthy recipes and such. Call me if you feel yourself sliding into that favorite, greasy and/or yummo dessert loaded with calories. I am an emotional eater, and even though the weight isn't coming off as fast I would like, I don't even want to think about where I would be if I hadn't been going. I'm still struggling toward my fist 10% loss, but talked to hubby this past weekend and told him he had to help me realize good and bad choices. I do occasionally but still reach fro something and while stuffing it in my pie hole I know its going to show and I'm going to regret it.
Take care.
Love ya and will see u at the partay next Saturday!!

M