Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First Day of School

This has been a major emotional week for me. My baby girl turned 12! For some reason this is a big one for me. TWELVE! Wow! Today is our 16th wedding anniversary! Seriously! SIXTEEN~~!! Double Wow! Yesterday, I went to register my children for their co-op classes. That is what it is called, when homeschoolers take classes, taught by other homeschool mom's or dad's or their children! Back to my thought. I got home and it hit me. It hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I had just registered my baby boy for his FRESHMAN year in HIGH SCHOOL!! OMG! When did this happen? I remember his very first day of school like it was yesterday! I'm talkin Kindergarten people! I remember how he looked and him holding a special bookmarker I had made for him. On one side it had a picture of me, and on the other side it had a picture of his Dad. I told him that way we were still with him at school and if he felt sad he could look at his bookmarker. tear. As I sat ther realizing what had just happened, I realized that he only has FOUR more first day's of school!!! Four out of thirteen!!! I hope and pray to God that I am doing a great job at being a mother. (at least, I hope they will think so when they are all grown up!) I pray that I cherish every second I am blessed to share with them. I pray I lead and guide them to make good decisions and be outstanding citizens in society. I pray that I have instilled in them that having faith and believing in God are just like breathing. It comes naturally, and you don't even think about doing it, cuz it is such a normal process for you. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, and I pray that I have done my best at it. I am blessed to be staying home and home schooling my children now. I am really enjoying them and getting to know them on such a different level that many parents are never aware of. Thank you Lord!!

No comments: