Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where has Chica been?

I have been nursing my aches and pains! This gym business is killin my bodd! I'm not taking this too well. I have been having leg cramps in my water class. I started cardio and thought I was going to stroke. (I know I should not joke like that, but I felt HORRIBLE! As a nurse all kinds of horrible things cross your mind! I thought, great do I have any ID on me? How embarrassing will that be? How will they get me out of here? How many men will it take to lift the stretcher? Will I ever be able to walk back in here? Those kind of crazy things go through your mind when you feel your heart beating out of your chest.) I realized how bad it is. I have been trying to do better in the nutrition department, then comes Mother's Day. Which btw, Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's!
I had asked to go to a "home tour" for my gift. Who doesn't love going into other people's houses and seeing how they live. What color are the walls? Where do they store there "stuff"?!! This was a tour of some "high dollar" historic homes. I have to say..... I was NOT wow'ed! Don't get me wrong, some of the houses architecturally were gorgeous, but as far as "decorating" goes......
It was a major disappointment. One house had 700 snow globes throughout the house! WHY?!! Another house belonged to a junk dealer and literally that gorgeous house was FILLED beyond the brim with nothing but junk! So sad! One lady made me laugh, she said out loud that she did not think that was appropriate to be listed on the home tour!! OMG! The most interesting thing was how these homes get restored. Some of the wood work is gorgeous. The history behind the homes, being torn down to the bare bones and built up again. One house had been badly burned and redone. That was the beauty of it. Unfortunately, we went on the hottest day so far! It was sooo muggy. No breeze what so ever. I think I sweated (is that correct english?) more than walking the treadmill for 45 min! It was miserable. Then, today.... it is gorgeous and cool outside. Great! We went out to a late, late lunch after we had enough of the tour. There were 11 stops on it, we lacked two. One of those was a house that was just bare bones that you could tour to get a glimpse of the before. It would have been fun, but it was terribly miserable and the buses were packed and taking forever to come around. Standing out in the heat waiting for them got old fast. Once we got on, in the A/C, there was no getting us out. After lunch we came home and I remembered I had been given an open invite to a friends house to jump in her pool. I called and it was still okay to come over. That water never felt so good. It also nursed my legs. My knee, I have mentioned before with the torn meniscus is not happy about going up and down all those stairs. Many of the homes were three stories! I was surprised at that. After our swim, it was late and dark. We came home, cleaned up and veg'ed out in front of the TV some. All in all it was a great day. I'm wiped today and after my breakfast in bed, went back to sleep and slept through my alarm for church. Disappointed about that, but guess my body needed the rest. We shall see how next week goes at the gym, and if kickin up my cardio is doing any good.

No comments: