Thursday, January 31, 2008

Best Laid Plans.....

Today, I had plans. Yep, I did. What I did not have planned, was my daughter having a temperature of 102 and missing school. Also, not planned was an entire side of my fence falling due to strong winds. The big, not planned events of the day were the dog piles, or should I say the semi-circular mushy, wet, wanna be piles of poop that were all over the house! I so, did not have any of that planned.
What I did have planned was celebrating the 13th anniversary of the day I met my Husband. Not that "he" remembers. I do, and that's what matters. I had planned on making a special chocolate cake and a nice dinner and having the kids to bed early, and spending some time together. Instead, we are pulling up pooped on carpet, trying to find dogs that wandered off due to no fence, consoling my son that can't have his friend spend the night because his sister is sick.
Ahhh, the joy of best laid plans.

No comments: