Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chica's Day Off

Get it? Like Ferris Beuller's day off. Okay, I thought it was funny. Anyway, I had to take today off. I could not even sleep last night, my body hurt so bad. I ached all over. Just thinking about a part of my body, made that part ache. Not even the "alleve" I took alleviated any pain. I feel better this evening. Now I'm just grumpy! Go figure... I have noticed my children being very supportive of my journey. My son has started doing crunches in the evening. All without any prodding on my part. I have had a headache today. I think that is why I'm grumpy. I tend to get grumpy when I'm in pain. Weird, I know. I have such a high pain tolerance, that I can continue functioning, and not realize how bad the pain is, until I sit still. How often does that happen? Exactly. I had a bazillion errands to run today. I took care of all of them. Woo Hoo, and Yee-ha. Hmm, here is another reason that might explain my grumpiness. I had a speeding ticket awhile back. I went to "court" if you can call it that, in the podunk town that I got it in. Their "court" is appearing before the judge and having her either give you defensive driving, lower your fee, or community service. In the big cities, if the police officer that cited you does not show up at court, your ticket is dismissed. NOOOO, not in this town. Well, I got "granted" a month to pay the "court fees" and then 3 months from the day the fee was paid, I was to take defensive driving. Well, for some reason, I got the due date wrong in my head. I was "late" by one day and they would not budge. So, now not only do I have to pay the entire fine, but there is no way to get it removed from my record. That piss*s me off! So, I drive down to the so called municipal building or whatever, which looks like a double wide trailer from the outside. I walk in, surrendering myself to pay the entire fine, and they don't take checks!!! ARRRRRR! Not having a few extra hundred dollars cash on me, I now have to go back, yet again. Joy! Where is my friend Jose when I need him?? (Jose Cuervo)

No comments: