Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stepping Out of the Box

I finally did it! Not for very long, but the point is I did it! I got myself out on the huge, massive floor with all the different weight machines and got to work. I don't know why I have been so hesitant to get working with the machines. I have no problem getting into a swim suit and bouncing around in the water in front of a bunch of strangers. Heavens forbid, I have more clothing and sit on a machine and lift some weights. Crazy, yep that's me! I thought it would be easier if I worked out with someone. I meet a woman in the water class and she agreed to meet me the next morning. Just as she was walking out to leave she says, "The only reason I will not be here, is if I have to take my son to the Dr. He has strep throat." Well, that pretty much told me she was O U T. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and show up anyway. Late, of course. Nope, she was not there. I did see another woman from the water class and got a few tips from her, thankfully. I did some arms, abbs, and legs. Not much of each, just enough to remind me of how out of shape I've gotten. I am trying to be positive and look at my small step as a big accomplishment. Each time I go, should be easier. I hope to make it to the water class tonight, if it's not freeeeezing outside, like it is now. I have to say, I feel better with just the few small steps I am taking. Keep going chica!

No comments: