Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Taking the Plunge!

Woo Hoo! Yee-ha! and all that Jazz. I did it! I finally did it! I meet with "THE TRAINER." Insert theatrical music here, like when the "who dun it" is solved. I did have an appointment at 9:30am with another mini Barbie. This one was not at all as bad as the first one. She was more regular looking and seemed down to earth. Nonetheless, the "boss" man called 15 minutes before the appointment and said he needed to speak to me "about my appointment." I heard that message and thought, GREAT! Another one "gone?" I blew off the whole entire thing. Ok, I guess here, I should mention that I forgot about the appointment until I heard the message. It didn't matter. It sounded like there was a problem, so it would not have happened anyway. Right? This is where you agree with me, nodd your head please. Thank you. Finally around noon, I get my groove back and decided I need to do this. I called twice until I finally reached, "HIM." His name is Melvin, and he is a really nice guy. I think this will be a good fit. I felt comfortable with him, heck he knows how much I weigh! My husband doesn't even know that. Hmmmm. I know the point of this "meeting" was to have them give me their sales pitch on how you need to incorporate "trainers" into your routine, to get the best results, yada, yada, yada. He gave me his schpeel and I looked him in the eyes and said, "do you practice that at home?" At this point, we had developed a good enough repoire for a comment like that. Heck the guy drew this triangle and had letters and hand gestures. He was working it folks. I was short on time, so we wrapped it up soon after that. I did assure him I do have plans of getting a trainer. I want to ask for "training sessions" for my Birthday from all my friends. What a smart cookie, I am huh? Yeah, I know I should ask for something more "lasting" for such a milestone birthday. What's more lasting than improving my health? Well, all in all it was a good session. Parts of my body are hurting me this evening. I already took some pharmaceutical therapy for it. I'm fresh and clean and pretty smelling and off to bed.

No comments: