Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ready Set Go!

Well, here we are. I finally did it and joined a "fitness club" last night. I only got the tour and today I have an appointment to "work out" with my physical trainer. I don't even know how many sessions I get with this. Hopefully, just this one, cuz I already didn't like this chickie. She just rubbed me wrong. After working 12 + hrs on New Years Day, the last thing I wanted to do was sit in front of some blonde barbie girl and have her ask me, "So, why are you here?" What do you think Barbie? Arrrrr! I just wanted to look her straight in the eyes and let her have it. I am, dare I say it? Even my cardiologist hates this term, "morbidly obese." There, said it. Can we move on now. To make matters worse I am a Registered Nurse. Yeah, so I should know better. Well, 40 days from today, I will step into my 40th year of life. I want to begin that year on a better foot than previously. I know I have a long way to go. Put one foot in front of the other, is my mantra. The meeting of this personal trainer ended with "I want you to write down EVERYTHING you eat in the next 24 hours. That is your homework." So where does that have me today, totally concentrated and consumed with the thought of FOOD! I need to go get some workout clothes. Sadly, I don't even have anything I could work out in. Got the t-shirts but need some decent covering for the lower bodd. So, begins a plethora of firsts today. First time for me to create a blog. First step towards a better life. I just hope after my session today, I will still be able to "step" tomorrow......

No comments: